Your check is in the mail. You’ve dealt with the angst of saying goodbye to more money. And now you are wondering how in the world you are going to pay for lunch today because the government just took your last dime. [or maybe you are one of the lucky ones who got money back – you can buy lunch for the rest of us]
What to do, what to do…
Well guess what? Today, many businesses are offering a tax break or even FREE food all in celebration or in popular commiseration that you’ve just done your civic duty of paying Uncle Sam. I’m sure part of the reason why a few restaurants and businesses are doing this is because of the economy but speaking as one tax paying citizen, I appreciate their efforts to alleviate the “pain”.
I know where I am going to today – Maggie Moos for FREE ice cream!
More free/discounted food today:
- PF Changs – 15% off your tab today; go grab some yummy lettuce wraps
- Cinnabon – free sweet bites from 5 – 8 p.m.
- Tacos Del Mar – go to their site to get a coupon for a free taco
- T.G.I. Fridays – free gift cards; $5 gift card for $15-20 purchases, $10 gift cards for purchases over $25
- Maggie Moos – free single serving ice cream cones served from 12-8 p.m. in what they are calling their e-cone-omic ice cream stimulus package
- Chick-fil-A – if you buy lunch there today, you can bring your receipt back by April 30th to get the same meal for free (depends on participating restaurants)
- Papa Johns – get a large cheese pizza with up to 3 toppings for $10.40 when you activate a coupon online using the code “1040”