You may have noticed in my previous post that I mentioned tagging myself because I’ve never been tagged. Not that I was really looking for invitations to divulge information about myself that no one else would ever know, but apparently I set the wheels in motion because now I’ve been tagged by April. I didn’t even realize it until today because I’ve spent the last few days away from my computer enjoying a weekend off from staring at my laptop (I think my eyesight is coming back…). But on with responding to the tag in question which seems to follow the guideline of “Five Things You May Not Know About Me”.
- I have strange OCD tendencies. For instance, when putting on shoes and socks, I have to put a sock then a shoe on before I put on the other sock and shoe. If I have both socks on before putting on shoes it messes with my head. Also, when eating candy like M&M’s or Skittles or anything with specific flavors, I have to count how many I have of each color before I eat it and then I have to eat it in order. Say I have 3 blues, 4 reds, 2 yellows, a green and a brown. I would eat it in order like this: 1 red, 1 blue, 1 red, 1 blue, 1 yellow, 1 red, 1 blue, 1 yellow, 1 green, 1 brown, 1 red. I can’t just throw them back in my mouth and chew ’em down.
- I love to collect journals. I have quite a few journals that hang around my house but here’s the funny thing about them – I love just looking at them and admiring them so much, I hardly ever use them. I have this fantastic leatherbound journal that I can just imagine filling up with quick sketches, random thoughts, even small watercolor scenes. But I love the pristine-ness of its pages so much that I put off putting anything in it!
- I wake up every morning with a song playing in my head. Today it was a song from Enchanted, that new Disney movie that is so dang darling you can not miss it! “I’ve been dreaming of a true love’s kiss…” Yesterday it was Bach’s Solo for Cello No. 1 in G Major. I’m telling you, it’s weird waking up to songs (NOT playing on the radio, mind you) but yet it happens anyway.
- I hate fry ends. Won’t eat them – they’re disgusting.
- I met President Ronald and Nancy Reagan in Jackson Hole, WY when they were coming out of the Haagen-Dazs. Our neighbor was in the Secret Service at the time and when we saw him in Jackson, he asked my dad “Craig, do you want to meet the President?” So out walks President Reagan with Nancy (with massive security detail around them) and our neighbor brings him over to my dad and says, “Mr. President, I want to introduce you to my neighbor, Craig Brewster.” He shook my dad’s hand (and I was standing right next to him) and my dad thanked him for the service to our country. So cool!
I don’t know who to tag because there’s a quite a few people out there I don’t know who may want to share something about themselves that they’re just dying to let loose. So to the anonymous readers, you’re tagged!